MBTBC SOCIAL CRUISE
We are a group of boaties who like to socialise and share our love of boating, fishing and camping and we support safe and courteous boating practices PLUS have a lot of fun along the way.
We meet several times a year, on a second Sunday of the month at 4.30pm at the club and discuss past and future activities. Present members have trailer boats, yachts and bay cruisers.
Recent activities included:
- Celebrating Oktoberfest with a weekend at the Southern Haven and a shared German meal; and
- Camping for the weekend at Boreen Point on Lake Cootharaba, members taking a tinnie, stand up paddle boards and kayaks, and sharing an Asian meal on the Saturday night. A Sunday lunch spit roast at the nearby Apollonian Hotel was enjoyed by all.
Our Plans for 2017 include:
- Weekend trips to the Southern Haven during the year;
- Russell Island – members who don’t sleep on their boats share a holiday house, which has a pontoon and a mooring;
- Somerset Dam – an annual autumn camping weekend when pots are set for red claw (fresh water crayfish) and fishing and other water activities are enjoyed;
- Day trips to Peel Island and Moreton Island; and
- Weekend trip to Little Ships Club.