An important message to all MBTBC members
MBTBC COVID-19 update
As our local communities continue to deal with the unprecedented situation caused by the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), MBTBC has been progressively implementing our planned approach to manage this developing public health crisis. I wish to share with you how MBTBC is ensuring the health and wellbeing of our members and employees whilst maintaining high quality business operations and service in support of our customers and our community.
The federal government yesterday announced the requirement for venues like MBTBC to manage numbers. We will of course comply with these requirements. Whilst at most times this will not be an issue, it will mean changes, particularly for the busier periods of Friday nights and Sunday lunchtimes.
Your Committee met last night and has determined the following:
- Your club will continue to trade 7 days a week.
- All facilities including the hardstand and ramps will remain available to members as normal.
- The club restaurant will function as normal, whilst complying with the current restrictions placed upon us.
- There will be two sittings Friday night and Sunday lunch and bookings are recommended to ensure you are not asked to wait.
- Trading hours may be adjusted as required and we will advise members if this is required.
- All cutlery items will now be delivered (in satchels) with your meals.
- All functions are being reviewed and may be cancelled or rebooked later.
- We have suspended the Friday members draw.
- We have suspended Friday night meat raffles.
Elevated hygiene practices
The importance of appropriate hygiene practices has been reinforced to our staff.
A cleaning program has been enacted which sees all counters, door handles, toilets, ATM’s, the Kiosk and smooth surfaces cleaned every 30 minutes.
As per government guidelines, MBTBC cleaners have been instructed to ensure that high traffic areas utilised by our employees and visitors are disinfected daily.
The Committee is requesting members, where possible, to transact with a card rather than handling cash.
Events and Sub-Groups
Your Committee has notified the captains of the Sailing Squadron, the Fishing Group and our partners at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron that all MBTBC events, including the Manly Combined Series, have been postponed temporarily. I will keep you informed as things progress.
In relation to our continued business operations, I want to reiterate that members are welcome at the club as always. Please continue to check our website www.mbtbc.com.au for any updates.